10.23.2016

Dreams


  When you think about yourself 5,10, 15 years down the road, do you know what you want your life to be like? 

  I can't say that I do. True enough, I want to be married and have a family. I want to be living my life for God. I want to be happy. But as far as other things? I don't know. 

  I don't know if I want to live in the area I've always lived, if I was to live in the Philippines, or if I want to live somewhere completely different. 

  I don't know if I want to have a college degree and be working, have a college degree but be a SAHM, etc. (though I will likely start taking some classes next fall.)

  I don't really know what I want from life. I long for travel, but the idea of living far away from my family is hard to swallow. 

  I have dreams. At least I thought I did. Do I not, just because there's so much that I don't know. 

  Part of me thinks "well much of this depends on what my husband wants in life." Which is true, but I could still be single in 15 years. I can't and won't press pause on my life until a man comes along. 

  What is my dream for the right now? Something I need to think about, I suppose. 

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment