10.11.2018

Calling



   I have this tendency to forget the calling which was placed on my life. Not just the calling of worship (though I know without a shadow of doubt that worship is something in which I have been called).
   I have been called to be a light. I have been called to shine Jesus. I have been called to change atmospheres. In my day to day life I come into contact with many people, and for a few minutes at a time, they are looking to me. Now, to them, they may only be speaking to me so I can get their next appointment scheduled, but that in no way removes the responsibility I carry.
   It is my choice whether I speak life or death. It is up to me if I am going to just idly go about my day, or if I will take hold of the opportunity I have been given to make a difference.

   Something I have been working on is having a quiet time each morning. How can I expect to pour out onto others, when I haven't filled up? You see, I know that, as a christian, I am an atmosphere changer. If I've filled up with Jesus and geared myself up for the day, perhaps I might walk into a room and shine light. My attitude has power. My words have power. My actions have power. They either show Jesus or they don't. There is no middle ground. So what will my choice be?

Life or Death?

No comments:

Post a Comment